Pages

Cover Letter

Here is a sample of a cover letter I send to potential freelance clients, would love to know what you guys think:

Hello Mr. Soandso
I am writing to you today because I believe that my graphic design experience coupled with my skills in traditional and computer illustration offers me the unique opportunity to enhance the creativity of Big Toy Company’s product line.

A creative thinker with a strong sense of aesthetics, I have over 20 years of solid experience illustrating and designing for both generic and licensed t-shirts, children’s wear, textiles, blankets, bedding, backpacks, plush toys, automotive products, wall hangings and packaging for some of the top names in the industry.

As a full-time Art Director for a well-known Home Textile company, I was responsible for developing and directing lines for their NFL, NBA, NASCAR, MLB, NHL and College licenses, designing for various entertainment licenses like Warner Bros. Marvel and Nickelodeon and creating generic illustrations as well. I also do a lot of work in the kid’s meal promotion industry for several long time clients developing characters, puzzles and games for activity books, placemats and cups. Currently, I am working as a Senior Art Director for a large costume manufacturer, were I design costumes, logos and packaging.


If I may, I would like to call you next week to discuss how I can best serve your creative department. In the meantime, please feel free to visit my website at www.drawntobewild.com to see some more of my work and find out a little about me. As you will see in my gallery, my drawing style is kid-friendly with an edge that I believe is a great compliment to the work you guys are doing. If you have any questions or would like to discuss a project right away, please feel free to call me at at 516.946.4411.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to speaking with you.


Best Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment